It seems shortly after my last post, Blizzard gave us a sample of what is on the burner for Hunters. If you haven’t read them yet I’ll give you the recap:
– Consumable ammunition has been removed from the game. Arrows and bullets no longer stack, but are not consumed. Ranged attack speed bonus gained from quivers and ammo bags will be preserved in a different capacity.
I know hunters have been asking for this ammo change for a very long time. I’m guessing that ammo will now work like thrown weapons and we’ll finally get that bag space back. I will be interested to see what they end up doing with quivers/ammo bags in the long run and will Blizz be able to dodge the rage of Engineers who have been making profit off Ammo Boxes? Only time will tell.
– A new tier of hunter pet talents have been added. In particular, this allows Beastmaster Hunters to improve their damage per second (DPS) with their 51 point talent.
Oooo…this seems promising at least on paper. I think it’s a good move in the right direction but until this is put on the PTR, BM hopefuls will have to wait.
– Hunting Party – this talent has been reduced to 3 ranks and also grants a passive bonus to the hunter.
Survival Hunters will get 2 talent points back and a passive bonus…which has yet to be announced. I’m going to take a stab at this and say it has something to do with mana regen?
– Piercing Shots – this talent has been changed. Your Aimed, Steady and Chimera Shots cause the target to bleed for 10/20/30% of damage dealt for 8 sec.
Two Words: Moar DOTS!
– Sniper Training – this talent has been changed. After standing still for 6 sec, you gain a 2/4/6% damage bonus to Steady, Aimed and Explosive Shot.
They got rid of the range requirement, but standing still for 6 seconds doesn’t seem very PvP friendly. Nor is standing still in some PvE fights but I’m sure Hagen or Keristrasza won’t mind.
– We are also looking to add additional trap functionality to Survival.
Kind of vauge but I suppose it’s good they’re looking into it. I’m also guessing this is moreso for PvP.
Keep in mind these supposed changes could be reworked in one way or another and we won’t know more about them until the PTR goes up and we can test out these new changes for ourselves.